How to give
Create your legacy with planned giving
Planned giving through Napa Valley Community Foundation is one of the safest and most secure ways to create your legacy. Planned giving integrates sound personal, financial and estate planning with your preferences for lifetime or testamentary giving. The Community Foundation offers many options for creating a lasting impact in our community, all of which can be tailored to your personal situation and provide a variety of benefits—from income tax deductions to the potential for increased income.
Flexible giving options
- Bequest by will: Set aside a gift or portion of your estate for the Community Foundation and, in some cases, receive a substantial reduction in federal gift and estate taxes.
- Retirement plan beneficiary: Make the Community Foundation a full or partial beneficiary of your retirement account—an easy way to give without modifying your estate plan.
- Life insurance beneficiary: Make the Community Foundation a full or partial beneficiary of your life insurance policy—another simple way to give without changing your estate plan.
- Charitable trust: Provide for family and charity with a charitable trust at the Community Foundation.
- Charitable gift annuity: Make a gift of cash or property to the Community Foundation now, get immediate tax benefits and ensure that you or a loved one receive fixed quarterly or annual income payments for life.